Welcome to the QIAT website, the official site of the QIAT Community
The QIAT Community is a nationwide grassroots group that includes hundreds of individuals who provide input into the ongoing process of identifying, disseminating, and implementing a set of widely-applicable Quality Indicators for Assistive Technology Services in school settings that can be used as a tool to support:
- school districts as they strive to develop and provide quality assistive technology services aligned to federal, state and local mandates
- assistive technology service providers as they evaluate and constantly improve their services
- consumers of assistive technology services as they seek adequate assistive technology services which meet their needs
- universities and professional developers as they conduct research and deliver programs that promote the development of the competencies needed to provide quality assistive technology services
- policy makers as they attempt to develop judicious and equitable policies related to assistive technology services.
The website supports QIAT’s mission of guiding the development and delivery of quality assistive technology services by providing the QIAT Community with a gateway to resources.
Upcoming QIAT presentations
CLOSING THE GAP
- QIAT Conversations: Using Mentoring to Support and Improve Your AT Practice (10/21/2022 – 8:00 am – 9:00 am)
- QIAT Conversations: Including AT in the IEP (02/02/23 – 1:00 pm)
- Joy Zabala Fellowship poster section (02/02/23 – 3:00 pm)
- QIAT Conversations: Coaching and Mentoring (02/03/23 – 2:15 pm)