QIAT – Ablenet University Webinar Series
This series presents information about the 8 areas of Quality Indicators for Assistive Technology & resources developed by the QIAT Community. These videos provide a foundational background to the work of QIAT and QIAT tools & resources to support integration of AT in schools & other settings. Click on the links below to access the free archived videos.
- Session 1: Overview of QIAT
- Session 2: Consideration of AT Needs
- Session 3: Assessment of AT Needs
- Session 4: Including Assistive Technology in the IEP
- Session 5: AT Implementation
- Session 6: Evaluation of the Effectiveness of AT
- Session 7: AT Transition
- Session 8: Professional Development and Training in AT
- Session 9: Administrative Support of AT Services
- Session 10: Using QIAT Resources
Introductory QIAT videos
The QIAT Leadership Team created a series of brief videos as a part of a multi-year grant from the New Hampshire Department of Education (NHDE) to the New Hampshire Assistive Technology (NHAT). Teams involved in that grant used the Quality Indicators and the QIAT Matrices to guide their work. In each short video (about 10 minutes each), a member of the QIAT Leadership Team offers a brief description of one of the eight QIAT Indicator areas and describes important points to consider when using them. The QIAT Indicators and the QIAT Matrices which form the foundation of these videos are located under the Indicator and Matrices tab on this website. NHAT videos resource list.